Text Chemistry

I waited a couple of years after my wife died before I started dating a good woman, who's divorcing a jerky guy. For 2 months, we've had dinner together a couples times a week. We stay in touch every day by texting, "Miss You," or "Have a great time today."

Yesterday, I kept my cell off while I spent the afternoon and had dinner with clients. Later I saw she'd sent me lots of texts asking that which was wrong and saying she doesn't like to be ignored.

I immediately called her to state that nothing was wrong and I wasn't ignoring her. She said if I truly cared about her, I could have answered her texts in place of torturing her with my silence. She said she wasn't sure she desired to see me again due to this.

I'm confused. I enjoyed her until she freaked out over one day away from Text Chemistry. Can I send you her texts in order to find out what happened?

DATING ANSWER BY HADLEY FINCH:

There's you should not read her texts, because this is a common exemplory case of how people misinterpret texting and texting behavior every day. Want in order to avoid these misunderstandings in the future?

Then stop texting your date, except to talk about logistics, like you're running late or changing plans to meet her. You can claim that from now on, you'd like in which to stay touch by phone or personally, not by texting.



I'd like to point out some dating red flags in this texting scenario. When your date sent you lots of worried texts while you were unreachable, she unwittingly revealed an obsessive significance of your attention. This isn't attractive nor emotionally healthy, especially since you've only known one another a quick time.

Granted, she might glom on and be extra needy because she's going through a divorce. That's why I would suggest that you delay dating seriously until you've been divorced a year.

This provides you Text Chemistry time and energy to regain your emotional stability and learn your love lessons for your role in the breakup so you do not repeat them in the next relationship. She's clearly not achieving this emotional work, if she blames her divorce on her jerky husband.

So keep your eyes open to see in the event that you actually want to join this woman on her journey through divorce. Should you, then buckle up for a rough ride.



You're further along on the way to recovery four years after losing your wife. Because you are a new comer to dating, be familiar with the place where a potential match is on that path from lost like to the fire of love. Will their attitudes and actions allow you to study on joy or turbulence?

You've just experienced turbulence over texting. You need to use this dating chemistry test and others to find out if your date is emotionally equipped to produce the type of dating relationship you desire.

Comments